Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers

Go Back   Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers > General > Newbie Chat

Old 12-02-2004, 02:03 AM   #1
ckone

Indonesian Channel

I heard you can not get all Indonesian Channel from Sydney. I am about to set up 2.3 m dish.

Please advise which chanel you can watch and which you can not watch.

The channels are:
TVRI
RCTI
SCTV
ANTV
INDOSIAR
MTV Indonesia
Metro TV

And another thing, can you watch Disney Channel as well?

If I need something to be able to watch them (Such as larger dish), please mention it as well.

Thanks in advance
ckone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
bassett
Satellite Guru

RCTI is on Palapa.
bassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
j0n3s

how do i get indonesian channel ?? please help..
j0n3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
LeroyPatrol
Satellite Guru

You need to buy a dish setup and a satellite receiver and point the dish to the appropriate satellite to receive channels.
You can look here http://www.lyngsat.com/palapad.html for channels.
There are also some I think on Intelsat8 but they are subscription.

Leroy
UltraPlus X-9200HD / Mediastar HD8200S - Fast blindscanning TWIN DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners, Azbox Ultra for 4:2:2 feeds and blindscanning with 2.3m C/Ku-Band motorised mesh, 85cm Ku multi lnb setup, patented 85cm veranda mount

Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 26-04-2010 at 03:45 AM.
LeroyPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
Parabola

Welcome ckone to the most informative satellite site on the web.You plan to use a 2.3m dish and this will pickup all the Indonesian channels available.The channels you list are all on Palapa but you cannot receive ANTV and INDOSIAR from Sydney even with a bigger dish.No you cannot receive Disney from Palapa but you can get Spacetoon which is mainly cartoons for kids.Goodluck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckone View Post
I heard you can not get all Indonesian Channel from Sydney. I am about to set up 2.3 m dish.

Please advise which chanel you can watch and which you can not watch.

The channels are:
TVRI
RCTI
SCTV
ANTV
INDOSIAR
MTV Indonesia
Metro TV

And another thing, can you watch Disney Channel as well?

If I need something to be able to watch them (Such as larger dish), please mention it as well.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
aardiq

dear friends,
newbie here,
I live in hofuf,Saudi Arabia...
did anyone can share the information to get these indonesia channel.?
the size of disc and LNB?
and the powerfull receiver to get all those channels..thanks in advance...
aardiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
L15

This is a very old thread, but people may still like info on indonesian TV. So I'll write as if it was still yesterday

Hello, I am expert for Indonesian channels, saya bisa bahasa indonesia juga, sedikit saja.

>I heard you can not get all Indonesian Channel from Sydney.

You can get about 10 channels.

> I am about to set up 2.3 m dish.

This is an excellent choice, go ahead with it. Bagus!

>Please advise which chanel you can watch and which you can not watch.
>The channels are:
TVRI Yes
RCTI Yes
SCTV Yes
ANTV No
INDOSIAR No
MTV Indonesia No
Metro TV Yes

You can receive the above as well as GlobalTV Spacetoon Jakarta(Jak)TV Bali TV. It would cost you Dish$165+LNB$30+cable$20+reciever$60 about $250-$350 all together doing it yourself.

You can also receive Nusantara and MNC indonesian channel on other satellites. you can use a motor, which makes it harder to setup and slow to change channels and limits everyone in your house to using one satellite at a time (can't watch Nusantara and any other channel at the same time). OR you can get an extra dish if it will fit in the yard, which is easier to setup, cheap and means everyone can watch everything at the same time. For Nusantara a 1.8 or possibly a 1.2 solid dish will do.

MNC is lower in the sky and harder to find. You will need a big dish a a good view of the horizon to the north west.

Your dish will give you 9 channels (8 + 1 home shopping) when pointed at Palapa D satellite as well as NHK from Japan in english and one arabic channel. This is easy beginners stuff. (Note Bali turns off late at night when all good balinese are in bed, so you tune it in during the day. Global turns into a pay tv channel when the soccer comes on each year for a month or so.)

An extra dish, possibly smaller will add Nusantara, as well as 5 chinese channels, one in english. Nusantara has some english sitcoms with subtitles in bahasa.

>And another thing, can you watch Disney Channel as well?
>If I need something to be able to watch them (Such as larger dish), please mention it as well.

More channels such as PAY TV are available in sydney from indonesia, however you will need equipment and a subscription from indonesia, probably no problem for you, and also a much larger, more expensive dish. after 2.3 or 2.4 meters you get a big jump in prices, it gets crazy. You'll need 3.5-4 meters or so. But if you have cash to burn for pay tv, I guess thats nothing.
L15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
malcolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by L15 View Post
This is a very old thread, but people may still like info on indonesian TV. So I'll write as if it was still yesterday

Hello, I am expert for Indonesian channels, saya bisa bahasa indonesia juga, sedikit saja.

>I heard you can not get all Indonesian Channel from Sydney.

You can get about 10 channels.

> I am about to set up 2.3 m dish.

This is an excellent choice, go ahead with it. Bagus!

>Please advise which chanel you can watch and which you can not watch.
>The channels are:
TVRI Yes
RCTI Yes
SCTV Yes
ANTV No
INDOSIAR No
MTV Indonesia No
Metro TV Yes

You can receive the above as well as GlobalTV Spacetoon Jakarta(Jak)TV Bali TV. It would cost you Dish$165+LNB$30+cable$20+reciever$60 about $250-$350 all together doing it yourself.

You can also receive Nusantara and MNC indonesian channel on other satellites. you can use a motor, which makes it harder to setup and slow to change channels and limits everyone in your house to using one satellite at a time (can't watch Nusantara and any other channel at the same time). OR you can get an extra dish if it will fit in the yard, which is easier to setup, cheap and means everyone can watch everything at the same time. For Nusantara a 1.8 or possibly a 1.2 solid dish will do.

MNC is lower in the sky and harder to find. You will need a big dish a a good view of the horizon to the north west.

Your dish will give you 9 channels (8 + 1 home shopping) when pointed at Palapa D satellite as well as NHK from Japan in english and one arabic channel. This is easy beginners stuff. (Note Bali turns off late at night when all good balinese are in bed, so you tune it in during the day. Global turns into a pay tv channel when the soccer comes on each year for a month or so.)

An extra dish, possibly smaller will add Nusantara, as well as 5 chinese channels, one in english. Nusantara has some english sitcoms with subtitles in bahasa.

>And another thing, can you watch Disney Channel as well?
>If I need something to be able to watch them (Such as larger dish), please mention it as well.

More channels such as PAY TV are available in sydney from indonesia, however you will need equipment and a subscription from indonesia, probably no problem for you, and also a much larger, more expensive dish. after 2.3 or 2.4 meters you get a big jump in prices, it gets crazy. You'll need 3.5-4 meters or so. But if you have cash to burn for pay tv, I guess thats nothing.
can i view indonesian tv in perth
malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
ch0cb0mb

yes u can view indo channels in Perth.
How big is ur dish?

with a 2.3m mesh u can get these off PalapaD:
rcti
sctv
tvri
global tv
bali tv
jak tv
metro tv
lejel home shopping
u channel
spacetoon
with a 3m/3.7 u can get extra Tpi, Indosiar, tvone.

Mnc international -on Telstar10/apstar2R
Nusantara- on Apstar6

T3lk0mv!s!on (paytv) also is recievable with a 3m except for the vertical beam. and u will need a sub.
Carjackma (a member of this forum) recieving Indov!s!on (paytv) signal with his 3.7m but u will need a s-band lnb and also a sub.

*** Im not a professional by the way. The friendly guys in this forum helped me out from the day i bought my 1st dish and did my 1st installation =) ***
ch0cb0mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #10
carjackma

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
can i view indonesian tv in perth
The answer is yes
I recieve it on a 3.7mtr and others recieve it on a 3mtr dish ?
i get all the horizontal and verticals but on a 3 mtre I dont know perhaps
ch0cb0mb can help i think hes tried a 3 mtr?
I plan on trying it on a 2.3 with a oversised feedhorn if i can find one
Cheers Carjackma
carjackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #11
malcolm

THANKS TO ALL I HAVE 2 QUOTES AROUND $1500 ONE SAYS A 3 METRE DISH THE OTHER SAY 2.3 WOULD BE FINE IS THIS ABOUT RIGHT DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY ONE ? WHO DOES THIS WORK THESE 2 WERE NOT SURE DID NT GIVE ME A LOT OF CONFIDENCE THANKS AGAIN
malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #12
sba-fta

Quote:
THANKS TO ALL I HAVE 2 QUOTES AROUND $1500 ONE SAYS A 3 METRE DISH THE OTHER SAY 2.3 WOULD BE FINE IS THIS ABOUT RIGHT DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY ONE ? WHO DOES THIS WORK THESE 2 WERE NOT SURE DID NT GIVE ME A LOT OF CONFIDENCE THANKS AGAIN
Hi malcolm;

Do you supply ear plugs for your postings? Please don't shout. You may wake up the moderators.

Thank you.
sba-fta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #13
ch0cb0mb

Quote:
try sciteq at Wangara and ask for Matt.
i got his business card here. i will pm you his contact details okay
ch0cb0mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #14
LeroyPatrol
Satellite Guru

Surely the installers offer some sort of guarantee? Bigger would be better in my book.

Leroy
UltraPlus X-9200HD / Mediastar HD8200S - Fast blindscanning TWIN DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners, Azbox Ultra for 4:2:2 feeds and blindscanning with 2.3m C/Ku-Band motorised mesh, 85cm Ku multi lnb setup, patented 85cm veranda mount
LeroyPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
simmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba-fta View Post
You may wake up the moderators.

Hmmmmmmm....

Please take some time to browse and read our site.
We are a friendly, knowledgable mob but we don't tolerate laziness easily!.....

simmo is offline   Reply With Quote